Description of the Procedure
The Eclipse MicroPen® Elite is an Epidermal Micro-Exfoliation (EME) device used to stimulate the tissue and improve the appearance of the skin. It is designed for use by skin care professionals. The procedure is performed in a safe and precise manner utilizing the Turbo Safety Cartridge™, a sterile micro-exfoliation component. The procedure is typically completed in 30-60 minutes. The treatment time can vary based on the required treatment and anatomical site being treated.
Precautions & Warnings
- Discontinue auto-immune therapies or retinoid (Retin-A) and/or any form of skin treatment 24 hours prior to procedure, under care and direction of a physician.
- Do not treat active acne, rosacea, or other inflammatory skin conditions. Do not treat subject with piercings in treatment area or open wounds.
- Not to be administered for 6 months after isotretinoin (Accutane) regime.
- Patients with facial outbreaks such as herpes simplex virus, medication must be taken per doctor’s instructions.
- Patients with metal allergies or skin allergies.
- Subjects on any medications that would affect the characteristics of the skin should be stopped for two months prior to treatment under the care and direction of a physician.
- Subjects who had a face lift or eyelid surgery within the past year, or dermabrasion, remodeling, deep chemical peels, or any surgical procedure on the treatment area within the previous 3 months.
- Subjects who had Botox, collagen, fat, or other methods of augmentation with injected materials in the treatment area in previous 6 months.
- Subjects who have excessively tanned or sunburned skin from the sun, tanning beds, or tanning creams within previous 2 weeks.
- Patients are to avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-procedure.
- Fitzpatrick skin types V-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
Treatment with this device is contra-indicated for patients with any of the following conditions:
- Keloid scars
- History of eczema, psoriasis and other chronic conditions
- History of actinic (solar) keratosis, diabetes, raised moles or warts on targeted area
- History of hemophilia, irregular blood pressure, tuberculosis, liver function issues
- Susceptibility to capillary ectasia due to steroid use for extended periods
- Collagen vascular disease
- Cardiac abnormalities, pacemaker, blood clotting problems
- Blood thinning medication
- Active bacterial or fungal infection
- Facial melanosis
- Malignant tumors
- History of any type of cancer or suspicious lesions or moles in treatment area
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Any other medical condition contraindicated by the treating physician
After your micro-needling treatment you may experience:
- Redness for 1-3 days
- Inflammation, itching, burning, flakiness, tightness, and possible breakouts
- Some swelling around the eye area
Post Procedure Instructions
- Avoid any contact with the skin for a minimum of 4 hours
- It is recommended to avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post procedure
- Avoid washing your face after treatment
- If skin feels dry and/or tight, you may apply a hyaluronic acid after the initial 4 hours
- Change your pillow case the day of treatment
- You can wash your face and wear makeup the next day, but it is recommended to wait at least 24 hours
- If you must apply makeup make sure it is mineral based
- Apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher the next day (after you’ve washed your face)
- Avoid applying any skincare products containing active ingredients for at least 5 days